Vacuuming is where most individuals begin when maintaining their wall wall to carpet. Today, our Orange County Carpet Installation expert will cover all sorts of guidelines for cleaning, removing stains, and dealing with an assortment of other scenarios.
For now, though, we will get to the basics:
- Our Orange County Carpet Installation service providers suggest that you vacuum your Wall to wall carpets at least once a week and more often in areas of heavy traffic. Frequent vacuuming prolongs the life of your wall to wall carpet by preventing a buildup of gritty particles that can cut carpet fibers. Every few weeks, take a little extra time and use your crevice tool for cleaning around baseboards and radiators and in other hard-to-reach places around your carpet.
- To vacuum a wall-to-wall carpet, divide the floor into quadrants and vacuum an entire quadrant before moving on to the next.
- Take your time when you vacuum a carpet, especially a plush carpet in which dirt is sure to be deeply embedded. One pass with a high-powered upright is not enough. Our Orange County Carpet Installation service providers suggest that you go over each section of carpeting several times, and work slowly to allow the suction to remove all the ground-in dust and dirt.
- Pay special attention to the areas where people sit and move their feet. Our Orange County Carpet Installation service providers recommend that you vacuum these areas of heavy traffic with a crisscross pattern of overlapping strokes.
- Soil retardants can be applied to new wall to wall carpets or to newly cleaned carpets. Follow manufacturers’ advice. Apply soil retardants only with professional equipment using the recommended application techniques.
- Our Orange County Carpet Installation service providers also recommend that you add baking soda to the bag in your vacuum to fight odors.
Odors are one thing — spots and spills are quite another. Spots and spills happen to just about every carpet and can be difficult to remove.
For all other wall to wall carpet tips, cleaning questions or design ideas, be sure to visit: https://orange-county-carpet-installation.com/blog/